"Thou hast given so much to me,
Give one thing more, - a grateful heart;
Not thankful when it pleaseth me,
As if Thy blessings had spare days,
But such a heart whose pulse may be Thy praise."
~ George Herbert
269. Projects that turn out just as I expected =)
270. Clean floors, courtesy of a 9 year old
271. Folded laundry, courtesy of an 11 year old
272. Clean litter box, courtesy of anyone but me ; )
273. Having everything I needed for a spur-of-the-moment dinner idea
274. Schooling in the summer.....what a blessing this is for us, living on OUR schedule (for the most part) so that we can maintain a less-stressed-out pace and take breaks when we need/feel like throughout the year
275. Seeing progress in my mad organizational spree I have been on
276. Friends made through blogging, that I never would have otherwise "met"
277. Fun notifications that appeal to the "Diva" in me ; ) ......such as another "Stylish Blogger Award"....
278. When my husband gets the coffee all set the night before, eliminating one more thing I have to do at the end of the day =)
279. Deodorant, something you should never take for granted in the kind of heat we have ; )
280. Boys who keep life so interesting in so many ways, such as....
281. ...putting a sweet arm around my shoulders, and when I glance to my right.....there's a bright green lizard staring me in the face!!!! And......
282. ...discovering a renegade pirate in my house when I turn around a corner:
283. .....finding Mr. Tough Guy taking a Sunday nap with all the things every well-prepared 11 year old might need: a shotgun, a pistol and his Sword (Bible)! =)
284. A nine year old, all set to head to the grocery store with me ~ "I'm ready to handle the smoke!", he said (due to nearby fires).
285. A rainy afternoon (while we need a lot more, I'm thankful for the little we got)
286. An *awesome* Middle School youth pastor, who faithfully loads pictures and videos onto facebook and sends frequent text updates of our kids who are singing, serving and telling others about Christ's love for them on their mission trip/choir tour!
287. My not-such-a-baby girl, who comes home tonight! =)
In honor of what our Middle School group has been doing this week, and this past Sunday's sermon on reaching others for the cause of Christ, my Mustard Seed Planting verse this week is:
“You have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you
and ordained you that you should
Go & bring forth fruit."
~ John 15:16