Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Why Do They Call It a Jon Jon Anyway?

Several weeks ago I made the cutest little appliqued crab t-shirt for one of the ♥cutest & sweetest♥ little boys I know......




.....and I also made his baby brother a matching Jon Jon after I posted about it.  Being a good Etsy-er/Blogger/Entrepreneur, I took some really cute photos of that Jon Jon....some by itself and some of the matching items together.

My daughter, however, borrowed my camera to use for her 4H Historian duties a couple of days later ~ and accidentally deleted the pictures......but, not all of the pictures.  Only the few I took of the Jon Jon, which happened to also be the only pictures I hadn't transferred to my computer yet.

And so, I thought I was out of luck in documenting that cute little project.  I got a request, however, to fix the hem that didn't quite catch on that ♥sweet♥ little outfit a week or so ago, and although my perfectionistic self normally would hate to see a project come back to me {once I'm done with something I want to be done with it and don't want to mess with it anymore ; ) }, I took the opportunity to replace those lost photos. =)




How cute is that?!  I think it's VERY.  I wonder if I like making baby items so much these days because my own kids are getting so very big?  I think probably that's it.  Plus, baby items are just doggone cute, don't ya think?

I'd still like to know why these are called Jon Jons, though.  It bewilders and befuddles me.  Befuddles.  I learned that word by reading a lot of Beverly Lewis' Amish fiction.  It's kind of fun to say.  Try it......because words that are fun to say sometimes make you smile. =) =)

Random, I know.  I just am sometimes. ; )


Happy Crafty Tuesday! =)  I'm linking up.....

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

And whatsoever ye do, in word or in deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. ~ Colossians 3:17

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Linking up with:

PhotobucketGet Your Craft On Tuesday
handmade projects




Photobucket



3 Four & Under

6 comments:

Larri said...

Adorable! ☺

Don't quote me on this, but I think the JonJon name has something to do with John F. Kennedy, Jr. If I recall, I think his Mom dressed him in these type outfits when his Dad was in the White House; and, as the jumpsuit became fashionable, Mommies referred to it as the JonJon.

Happy Tuesday! ☺

Unknown said...

I truely have no idea why it's called a jon-jon - but it is ADORABLE :)

Jill {Sweet Diva} said...

I knew if I asked, someone out there could give me an explanation! I feel so much better now that I have one! ;)

Kim-A Creative Spirit said...

That is so adorable with the little crab. Glad you were able to share pics.

Unknown said...

Hi! I'm following you from the Wednesday hop. Hope you'll come visit me and follow me back at http://healthykidshappykids.blogspot.com

Have a lovely day!

Sarah said...

so cute!

I am stopping by from the I ♥ Blogging hop, thank you for joining our hop! www.mooseandtater.com