Friday, July 18, 2014

Bone Scan....

Ashlyn's has a bone scan is at 11 & should take abt 1 1/2 hrs. The tracer they injected for the scan has to leave her system before they can begin chemo, which is still scheduled for today. Still not sure when she can leave...depends on the type of chemo she is getting. Waiting to find out.

I've been given some info that has caused me to ask for a cpl of extra tests (including the blood work I pos...ted abt yesterday) and also for her Dr. to consult a team at UF/Shands abt her. I can't tell you how intimidating it is to know she is at the best hospital & has one of the very best Drs in his field w/ 25 yrs of experience, & ask for tests & consults that interfere with his plans. He bristled at my questions & requests & this mama had to push a little and not back down....to a Dr, she's a patient...but to me, she's my world!!! I laid on the couch in her room this morning with tears & fears abt making a mistake or wrong choice in her care .....Ashlyn has no say in anything that's happening to her & is completely depending on me to make the right decisions. I prayed that if this team had info that wld make a difference for her, that he will lead her Dr. to listen & respond. And then, an hr later I found out abt the bone scan which I feel is a direct result of that consult. It is not normal protocol & was not part of the plan.

Praying that nothing shows up, but thankful that if it does we will know sooner than later. Thankful for a sweet friend's help so that I knew what to ask for and for filling in the UF/Shands team for me so that they already knew all about her so that we can leave no stone unturned for my girl. ♥

""I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye." Psalm 32:8

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

‪#‎PrayForAshlyn‬

No comments: