Monday, March 14, 2011

Multitude Monday: 1,000 Gifts 159 - 175



"It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness."
~ Charles Haddon Spurgeon

159.  New flooring piled up in front of my fireplace

160.  Furniture outside on the back deck, and piled into the center of the room

161.  New paint ~ good-bye 12 yr. old faux finish and color scheme I have long ago tired of; hello clean, simple, tranquil colors!

162.  The therapeutic benefits of covering worn, dated walls with a new fresh look ~ although I have to admit, it was much more therapeutic before I had 3 children old enough to help......and argue  debate and chatter NONSTOP throughout the whole process

163.  My ♥daughter♥, who is work-horse when she wants to be!

164.  Child Labor ; )

Yes, that is a tent in the backyard.  ~ Sigh ~







165.  Organic produce, quite literally fresh from the garden ~ one of my sweet friends introduced me to a local apiary and organic produce farm located nearby this past weekend!  We visited it, and the owner took us through her garden, explaining what each variety of produce was, then cut what we wanted!  We are so enjoying our selections this week....and I love supporting my local economy!

166.  Gorgeous weather

167.  Wisdom to make the time to enjoy it ~ ok, so maybe you wouldn't call it wisdom.....maybe Spring Fever.  But when my children say to me "Thanks, Mom....I had fun with you today" before bed ~ I'm going with wisdom ; )

168.  Butterflies

169.  Bunny rabbits ~ esp. when they hop right over to me, hoping I have a treat

This is Jack!

170.  Sunshine

171.  Green grass
172.  Windows open
174.  Daisies ~ my favorite!


175.  ♫ For the beauty of the earth, For the glory of the skies,
             For the love which from our birth, Over and around us lies.
             Lord of all, to Thee we raise, This our hymn of grateful praise. ♫

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What fun!! Please post pictures whe you are finished with the room :) Great list - we are still waiting warmer temps here in the north, but I think they are coming this weekend!!