Monday, June 23, 2014

Praise Him In The Hallway.....

 
 
 
The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away....

After three grueling, exhausting & trying days, I made one final walk-thru of the house that was supposed to be a dream home, but was anything but. I've never been a person who put tremendous value on material things and possessions....fun, yes. Blessings, yes. But I've never seen them as a source of happiness. I'll admit to talking to the Lord as I... walked thru, telling Him that I know we're promised a mansion in Heaven....but if He could just prepare a home in a peaceful and tranquil country setting & take note of all the things I had chosen for this house, that I'm fine with waiting till I get there to have it. And that if He could add a wrap-around porch with a porch swing & rocking chairs, that would be perfection. Because although this earthly home had ME written all over it, in the fixtures & finishes, the moldings, the tile, the paint colors, etc....no matter how hard I tried, it never was a HOME, in the true sense of the word.

I had to shut off my thoughts there for the time being to avoid the emotions until it was a better time to feel them, loaded the last few belongings in my dear friend's SUV, went back in one last time and glanced quickly around my favorite room in the house {the kitchen }, took the key off my key ring, placed it & the spares in the windowsill, walked outside.....& closed the door & walked away.

Standing here now, in that figurative hallway with what feels like that mountain of stairs that I have to climb.....knowing that, Yes. The Lord giveth....and taketh away. But believing that He doesn't take something away without continuing to give in the process. Wondering what kind of door He's going to give us to walk through and where it will lead.

Just standing here, waiting. And believing. And praising & trusting Him with it all....

No comments: