Monday, October 31, 2011

It Only Took Me 7 Years......

....but I finally got around to getting a studio photo session done for my family.

This is the last "professional" one we had taken:



My babies were so little......and blonde!  My youngest was 3 yrs. old - he's now 10, and I am a very bad Mom, yes?!  We've taken lots of camera shots since then and have a few nice individual shots of the kids taken for our annual yearbook, but no family portraits since this one!  =(

About two weeks ago, I received a coupon from Sears in my inbox and finally made an appointment on the spur of the moment.  I figured I wasn't going to get around for that professional shoot "on location" that I have been meaning to do (for 7 yrs.), and I should just go ahead and do something.

This weekend we "got it done", and although I'm not thrilled with the outcome, I know I won't get my husband to do this again anytime soon, so it is what it is.  I'd like to redo it with different clothes (living life in rush mode does not make for the best outcome), and leave about 10-15 lbs. of me at home.  ; )  Maybe in the spring I'll get that photo shoot I've really been wanting to do......

This shot will replace the one above on our great room wall and we also ordered several for family....even though I'm not loving it:

My top is not that shade of green in real life....why does it look that color in the picture?  I am baffled by this.....

My husband hates this shot (below) and it is dreadful of me (the worst possible angle of my face - ewww!), but in spite of that,  I kind of like it and my kids really want it ~ they love it......and the comical scene that is embedded in our minds of us getting in place for this shot makes it possibly worth buying it just for memory's sake....I haven't decided yet.


We also purchased some of this one, because the hubs and I couldn't resist it.......:


......and are contemplating this one.  All three of the kids hate it, but we like it  {I think they may have inherited the "I-hate-pics-of-myself disease" =( }:


A few more that we are not purchasing (I think)......I wish the "Sears" words weren't on them, but I "get"
 why they are.....






So.......I'm asking for feedback!  What do you think of the ones I'm still trying to decide on (because I can't decide & I need to!)?

One good thing about this photo shoot:  It has inspired me to get seriously motivated to lose those 10-15 lbs.....in prep. for the next one......and given me strength and determination to be strong in the indulgent, food-obsessed season we're headed into!  ; )

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the one of the kids laying down - something about it makes me smile :) These are great photos - I love your hair! LOL!!

Jill {Sweet Diva} said...

thank you, Aurie! Everyone says they like my hair, haha! I do, too.....w/out long hair, I llok like a boy! ;)

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

They're all awesome! I think the first one is my favorite but they're all good. I can see them all grouped together on a wall!

Rebecca said...

Hi there beautiful Mama! LOVE your pictures!!! Your children are so handsome and beautiful!!!! Love love love them!!

Anonymous said...

I love your post! thanks for sharing..God bless you..loves soraya