Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Blessings in Disguise....

I've been posting on Lies Women Believe and the Truth That Sets Them Free by Nancy Leigh Demoss on Wednesdays for a while now, but I have to admit......I finished the book a long time ago. =)  Posting once (sometimes twice) a week on it is making it go on forever!  I'm finding myself wondering, "Is anyone still interested?" and "Should I continue?".

Also, to be perfectly honest, I've hit a section in the book that is a difficult area for me, and I'm finding it quite difficult to write about something that hits so close to my current hurts and struggles.  I don't know if I should continue to post without revealing too much of myself, or just let it go.........feel free to give  your opinion. ; )

In the meantime, I still want to link up with Rebecca at Mom's Mustard Seeds.

I posted last week that I was undergoing an attitude adjustment.....and part of me still is. =)  I had to write a devotion for a group that I'm in and almost bowed out ~ but due tothe fact that I feel guilty if I don't follow through with my obligations, I did it anyway.  This is a slightly altered and less personal version of what I shared with them ~ and I'm sharing it with you, too.  Because......well, I'm still kind of there ~ and I think that a lot of people are right now.  It seems like everyone I know is struggling with something and maybe I'm not supposed to act like everything is perfect in my world ~ maybe being real is what I'm supposed to be.

My personality is an encourager and I feel anything but encouraging. I am the quiet, shy one ~ and when I'm going through difficult times, my natural inclination is to become even quieter and fade into the background until I get a better grip on things. =) I am also generally happy and cheerful, and it is rare that my faith and trust in the Lord wavers, and when I get really discouraged it usually only lasts for a moment or two and I am right back to normal {or my version of it, anyway ;)}.

The past few weeks....or months, I've been drowning in drama ~ and I don't do well with drama.  If you know me and want to get rid of me, just go "Drama Queen" (or King) on me and that'll do it! ; )  It seems like the relationships that God gives us that are supposed to be our sources of support are the ones that Satan is using to discourage me the most. Add to that the fact that I haven't had a full good nights sleep in probably 2 months and have had almost contant pain from headaches, and my propensity to have a positive outlook has dwindled.

The other day, I lay in bed waiting for Excedrin Migraine to work, looking up at the skylights......and thought, "Lord, the sun is shining so brightly today.....why can't I feel your warmth?" I eventually got up and reached into my tote for something, pulled out my music folder, and a piece that my ensemble has been working on, "Healing is in Your Hands",  fell out. (I actually posted the video a couple of weeks ago for "Then Sings My Soul Saturday"). I looked at the words and then pulled it up on YouTube. As tears filled my eyes, I was reminded that His warmth never left me....it was me in my hurt that backed away so that I couldn't feel it.

I also decided to check my email before I logged off, and a friend had sent me this song......having no idea of where I was emotionally.  But Someone else did and His timing is always perfect.

(mute the auto music player below to hear the video)


How thankful I am that He hears my every prayer, sees my every tear.........and that His mercies are always there, even if we have to lift the veil of our own lack of faith to find them. How thankful I am for ♥music♥, that He uses to reach my heart and wrap His warmth around me when I am unable to feel it, and to give me hope to get me back to "normal"........until the day that I am Home.

My Mustard Seed Planting verse for the week is simple and well-known to those of us in the Faith.  But simple Truths and His promises of what's to come is sometimes just what we need.


"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."
 Rev. 21:4

PhotobucketiFellowship

4 comments:

My Mad World said...

Great post hun. I am also going through some stuff too and needing a little bit of an adjustment myself.

It does seem like satan can make the ones that are supposed to be there to comfort us, be the ones that turn on us.

I will have to check out that book too.

I love that song too! Make me cry all the time!
I am so glad He hears our every prayer and catches our tears. That verse is a very comforting verse!!
Praying for you!!

My Mad World said...

Great post hun. I am also going through some stuff too and needing a little bit of an adjustment myself.

It does seem like satan can make the ones that are supposed to be there to comfort us, be the ones that turn on us.

I will have to check out that book too.

I love that song too! Make me cry all the time!
I am so glad He hears our every prayer and catches our tears. That verse is a very comforting verse!!
Praying for you!!

Jennifer said...

I have been clinging to those verses myself---reminding myself that He saves every tear and that my pain is not wasted. It has a purpose.

Thank you for your transparency and honesty. I have been struggling too.

~Jennifer

Unknown said...

Wonderful post! Thanks for sharing your heart today. Blessings and hugs!!