"As each day comes to us refreshed and anew, so does my gratitude renew itself daily. The breaking of the sun over the horizon is my grateful heart dawning upon a blessed world." ~Terri Guillemets
222. Beautiful, mild, windows-open, feel-good weather
223. Sunday lunch with Mom/Grandmama
224. Friends visiting from far away
225. Children with hymns stuck in their heads....
226. ....and them walking around the house singing them,
227. causing those hymns to be stuck in MY head!
228. Scriptures memorized and hymns learned long ago, coming to mind just when we need them
229. Election day being tomorrow (and hoping the phone will stop ringing so much, the answering machine will stop being filled up, and the mailbox will stop being stuffed with political advertisements!)
230. Knowing that He is in control regardless of who is in office
231. Knowing that THE DAY is coming when I will see Him face to face (although we know not when & we know not where we'll be or what we'll be doing when it happens)
232. The assurance I have that I am ready
233. Peace for today
234. Hope for tomorrow
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.2 Corinthians 4:16-18
235. Life Everlasting
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him. ~ John 3:17
"For whoever finds me finds life and receives favor from the LORD."
~ Proverbs 8:35
"This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
~ John 17:3