Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday

HHM
Yes, I know I already did a blog post today.....but I've not posted as much lately, so it's okay ~ I can go a little crazy and do two!  Plus, my kids used all the hot water and I'm waiting for it to return for my Calgon-Take-Me-Away experience. ; )

The weather in my neck of the woods:

Hotter than I want it to be!

7 Day Forecast

Things that make me happy:

  • having hot water for my end-of-the-day bath  =)
  • homemade Mother's Day cards
  • This:
I was coming down the stairs and heard my husband say to my 9-yr.-old who was bouncing off the walls,  "Don't you have something to do?!" just as I hit the last step.  Without missing a beat, Robert bounced over to me and said, "Oh, yes....I definitely do!" and gave me a big hug, then followed me to the kitchen.  "I'm going to watch Mom cook dinner.......she's a lot better to watch than Food Network!" ; )

Book(s) I'm reading:

Quite a few......several for book reviews.  "The Traveler's Gift" and "The Final Summit" by Andy Andrews, "MacArthur:  America's General" by Mitchell Yockelson and Stephen Mansfield, and "I Am His" by Rita J. Platt

Also, "Things We Once Held Dear" by Ann Tatlock.............just because I like her!



What's on my TV today:

I don't know..........Jeopardy was on earlier.  My husband can't miss an episode. =)
I am planning on watching yesterday's episode of Army Wives online once I get everyone to leave me alone ; )


On the menu for dinner:

We had Lemon Pepper Chicken, Broccoli and Carrots with Whole Grain Angel Hair Pasta ~ it was yummy!

On my To Do List:

More than I want to think about right now!

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:

Cilantro Chicken with Ginger

In the craft basket:

Next project:  A backpack to be cut out, quilted and sewn

Looking forward to this week:

No homeschool co-op, getting end-of-year testing over with {I think this calls for a homemade ice cream celebration!}, beginning the task of painting my boys' room

Tips and Tricks:

Magic erasers are amazing.  I will never be without one.

My favorite blog post this week:

Not much blog reading last week......

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):

See post above

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

it actually does need words ~ this has always been one of my favorite pics of my then LITTLE girl and my BABY boy ♥

Lesson learned the past few days:

It's really not worth getting all worked up over.  Really.....and getting all worked up over it rarely makes it better, anyway.  Save your energy for better things. =)  {insert whatever gets YOU worked up where you see the word "it"}

On my mind:

Vehicle shopping, and......do you think I've got enough hot water for my bath yet??

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

"But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth" (John 4:23-24).

The Not-So-Secret Confessions of a First Time MomMFM

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by and I came over and followed thru GFC, Networked Blogs and Facebook. I did not see a twitter button so I could not do that one. If you need me to, just let me know and I will come back and fix that also. Have a wonderful week!

Mary@http://mmbearcupoftea.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

What a sweet comment by your son! Those are the days we do all this for! I'm a new follower from Making Friends Monday. http://www.grandmasguidetolife.blogspot.com