Friday, October 15, 2010

Cinnamon Rolls ~ Another Requested Recipe : )



Ever since this post, I've had requests for the recipe for the pictured cinnamon rolls that I teased you with, but because I am old and forgetful I kept.....well, forgetting!  I was going to post a healthy recipe this week, but I recently teased my Facebook friends with another picture of my cinnamon rolls  resulting in a few more requests & reminding me that I was supposed to post this recipe weeks ago....oops!  Better late than never (I've been saying that way too often lately) ~ ~ they're worth waiting for, anyway!  ; )



These are made with freshly ground whole grain flour, but you can make them with all-purpose as well.  Just substitute all-purpose for the wheat (you should need a little less of all-purpose and omit the gluten, lecithin or dough enhancer).


Special Cinnamon Rolls


Ingredients :


2 cups water
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup honey (white sugar may be substituted)
1 tablespoon salt
4 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
7 - 7 1/2 cups freshly milled white wheat flour
1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
1 1/2 tablespoons dough enhancer or 1 1/2 tablespoons lecithin powder
1 1/2 tablespoons gluten
1 cup raisins (opt.)

Filling:

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed (white sugar may be substituted)
2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon

Glaze:
 
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 -2 tablespoon milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract


Directions:

Combine water, oil, honey and salt in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for approximately 2 1/2 minutes. (Temp should be between 130 - 135°F) If you do not have a thermometer, it is easy to get it too hot. and it will kill your yeast. Microwaves can also vary greatly in how fast they heat. Adjust as necessary.

In mixing bowl, combine 3 cups of flour, dough enhacer or lecithin, gluten, yeast and raisins; mix together. Add liquid ingredients and mix until well blended. Continue to mix adding the flour 1/2 cup at a time. When the dough pulls away from the side of the bowl enough flour has been added. Allow to knead 8-10 minutes, or until the dough forms a smooth ball .

Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half.  Roll each half into a 12-in. x 8-in.rectangle; spread with butter. Combine filling ingredients; spread over dough. Roll up from long side;seal seam. Slice each roll into 12 rolls; place cut side down in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pans. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, 45 minutes.

Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over rolls. Cool in pans on wire racks.

Yield: 2 dozen.

*Note: One package of yeast is about 2-1/2 teaspoons of yeast.



Blog Hopping today with:

BoostMyBlogFridayFriendly Friday Button


Smart and Trendy MomsThe Girl Creative


Photobucket

7 comments:

Jill said...

Hi!

I'm visiting from Friday's blog hop and I'm your newest follower. You have a great blog and this recipe looks so delicious! Hope you'll stop by and consider following me back! Have a great weekend!
Blessings,
Jill

Kim-A Creative Spirit said...

mmmmmmm making my mouth water. I stopped by from Boost Your Blog Friday..... and am your newest follower... Hope you will consider following back. :o)

Libbie said...

yum do these even look good! I can smell 'em from here :)

Miriam said...

A fresh warm cinnamon roll = comfort food for me. I'll try this recipe, they look great! See you around at Meatless Mealf For Meat Eaters

Valery (CEO Wanna Be) said...

I am your newest follower and those look so yummy. Have a great day stop by anytime.
http://thisnthatboutiqueblog.blogspot.com/

Sarah Busse said...

I was looking for a good recipe for cinnamon rolls and saw a picture of yours from the blog. I new i had to stop by to find the recipe, but what i found was peace...the few song hit my heart and reading your "about me" just reminded me of how much our Father loves me. It brings me much joy to know He holds me in his hands, cradles me when my world is falling apart, and He will never leave me! Thank you, Yours Sister in Christ Sarah

Jill {Sweet Diva} said...

Sarah,
Your comment has made my day! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave it.....I hope you and your family enjoy the cinnamon rolls if you try them; my daughter saw the title of this post when I opened the email to read your comment & it looks as if I'll be making them again very soon! :)May you have a blessed day, resting in His assurance of His love. ♥
~Jill (Sweet Diva)