Last week was quite the humdinger and with not feeling well combined with medication making my brain quite fuzzy, I'm still working on the last scripture I posted, The Beatitudes. Lately, I find that I greatly need the encouragement and hope found in Matthew 5:3-11.....
Once again, I'm also going to borrow from Glenda Malmin's devotional book for moms, "The Journey of a Mother's Heart" ~ Lessons on motherhood from the life of Mary.
She beautifully paraphrases the Beatitudes to put the blessings of motherhood into perspective:
A Mother's Beatitudes
- Blessed is the mother whose children freely laugh, play and pray, for hers is the kingdom of heaven on earth.
- Blessed is the mother who cries when she needs to but does not lack faith, for she will be comforted
- Blessed is the mother who has a gentle disposition in the midst of the fluctuating emotions of her children, for she will inherit their hearts.
- Blessed is the mother who hungers for a closer walk with God, for she will be nourished and sustained.
- Blessed is the mother who is merciful in moments of contradiction, for she will receive mercy in the days that lie ahead.
- Blessed is the mother who is pure in heart and in spirit, for she will see God and the future in the eyes of her children.
- Blessed is the mother who is a peacemaker in times of storm, for she will be called trustworthy and true.
- Blessed is the mother who is disheartened in the journey, for there is hope and a future for her.
- Blessed is the mother who alone can see her child's potential, for God Himself will be her rear guard.