Saturday, July 31, 2010

I'll Love Her Forever, I'll Like Her For Always.....

Twelve years ago, she entered my world and I haven't recovered since!  ; )  She changed my life forever....and I am so glad!! 

It seems like I blinked a few times and she suddenly transformed from my sweet little baby girly-girl......

1-2-3....all together now..."Awwwww!"




.....into something altogether different.....

Oh my!  : )




She'll always be my baby girl no matter how big she gets & I count it one of my biggest blessings to get to be a part of her life!  ♥

Since I know she' been checking out this blog ~ in honor of her birthday, I'm giving 12 reasons (in random order) why I think she is one rockin'  kid little lady!  This is for you, ♥Ashlyn♥.......


  • You changed my name to ♥Mom(my)♥
  • You're on my side in a house that's heavier in the male gender
  • You don't just laugh ~ you ♥giggle♥
  • You want to be a cowgirl  : ), which leads me to......
  • You are who you are & could care less if it's the "cool" thing to be
  • You let me hang out in your room because I think it's the prettiest room in the house  : )
  • You share your ♥chocolate♥ with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • You want all your friends to be friends with each other ♥
  • You're the best helper I've got at home
  • You think it's your mission in life to take care of all the animals in the world
  • You make me a better person because I want to be a really great ♥Mom♥
  • and......You forgive me when I'm not & ♥Love♥ me anyway
I could certainly come up with MANY more, but I thought 12 was an appropriate number! I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, Forever & ever my Sunshine you'll be!!



We had a  fantabulous day celebrating a MAJOR holiday (in my humble opinion)!! 

Click on the pics to enlarge


Mickler's Beach in Ponte Vedra ~ Ashlyn's favorite!  Why??  Horse sightings are not uncommon.  : )


Yep.....she's my little wallflower...




Yes, her gifts from us are wrapped in Christmas paper.  I have heard EVERY SINGLE DAY this summer much whining & complaining, moaning &groaning (ok.....I've done it myself as well) about how hot it is & how she can't wait for winter......so I wrapped her presents in snowflake paper!  : )  I guarantee long after she forgets what she got on her 12th birthday, she'll remember the year that her mom wrapped her gifts in Christmas paper because it was so hot & we were longing for relief.....  ; )

Out of all the many wonderful gifts she got, this was her favorite.  She had just complained a few weeks ago about how much she hates Monopoly.  She dramatically exclaimed, "It's sooooooo BORING!  The only way I'd ever play it would be if it was about horses!!!".  Her brothers were so excited I found this, they wanted it to be from them.   : )




1 comment:

Edens Family said...

What a fun birthday! Your such a sweet example of a Christian Mom, Jill! Blessed me just to read your blog today! :)