Saturday, August 16, 2014

Losing Fingers....Or At Least the Feeling in Them...

Ashlyn has 4 diff nausea meds that we are rotating, trying to find the magical combination.....one of which (that seems to work pretty well) comes in a non-crushable capsule type thing that she can't swallow and that I can't crush and administer through her g-tube. In the hospital, they extracted the liquid with a hypodermic needle....for the 2nd day in a row, I have put a hypodermic needle almost all the way through my finger trying to get the liquid out...it is NOT as easy as it looked. Ouch. cry emoticon Who needs that finger anyway.....and where's that firefighter I mentioned yesterday?? I could use some medical attention myself right now! wink emoticon
Her throat and tongue hurt and we may be starting to see the appearance of the mouth sores.....
And pray for my nursing skills. That stupid capsule is not going to get the best of me....I may lose a finger trying, but I won't stop trying to conquer it....wink emoticon

No comments: