Monday, September 13, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday

Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

The weather in my neck of the woods:




Things that make me happy:

  • The first REALLY good night's sleep I've had in a long time
  • Finding my 3rd grader happily doing schoolwork on a SATURDAY morning
  • A good cup of coffee with Mint Chocolate Truffle creamer to help wake me up in the morning
  • A new Sweet Diva order  : )

Book(s) I'm reading:

  • Teacher's books & textbooks in Math, Language Arts, Writing, Spelling, Bible, Science and History on 3 different grade levels 
  • The Postcard by Beverly Lewis
  • Pattern book
  • One Hundred and One More Devotions for Homeschool Moms by Jackie Wellwood


 What I'm enjoying on TV:

TV?????????


 On the menu for dinner:

Garlic and Herb Roasted Chicken
Mashed Potatoes w/ Gravy
Peas (yuck - an act of love) and Carrots

Recipe I tried or want to try soon:

Making this week for History enrichment......my daughter is studying Biblical History and just read that Esau traded his birthright for some of this stew  : )


On my To Do list:

  • Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
  • Schoolwork
  • Sewing
  • Cleaning


 In the Craft Basket:

More than I have time for  : )


Looking forward to this week:


Being better than last week!


Tips & Tricks:


Hmmmmm.......
Never underestimate the trouble your serial bird-killing cat can cause with the neighbors!


My favorite blog post this week (mine or other):


 Free *cute* apron patterns



No words needed (favorite photo or photos, yours or others you want to share):





Lesson learned the past few days:

Never try to be Super Sewer/Designer on a day when nothing is going as it should.....makes your bad day worse & your seam ripper becomes your best friend.  Some days were made for giving yourself a break! 


On My Prayer List: 

  • Husband's new job (Glory, Hallelujah!)


Devotionals, Scripture reading, Key Verses:

Colossians 3:1-4
If then ye were raised together with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated on the right hand of God. Set your mind on the things that are above, not on the things that are upon the earth. For ye died, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall be manifested, then shall ye also with him be manifested in glory.

3 comments:

Joanne Sher said...

Like this! My cat doesn't kill birds, but I can ONLY imagine ;)

LOVE the verse - and HOORAY for a kid volunteering to do homework on a Saturday! (My kids are in a charter school, and they were bummed they didn't have homework the first couple days. Guessing it won't last long LOL)
Blessings!

Warren Baldwin said...

Linke here from Karen's blog. Saw this list of books you are reading and thought I'd let you know I'm having a drawing for a book of devotionals on Proverbs on my blog, Family Fountain.

I like your family/Christian focus here. Good blog.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

~Loved this~